JaVaughn Moore signed to Indiana State University
• Won GHSA santioned Martin Luther King Indoor Track Classic, 6.88 sec
• Won State in the 100m, setting the record of 10.40, Runner-up in 200m 21.31
• Won Sectional 100m – 10.55, and 200m – 21.16
• Won Region 100m – 10.58, and 200m – 21.53
• Won County 100m – 10.86, and 200m – 22.31
• Had and undefeated season in the 100m, ran and broke school record 11 times
• Broke the school record in the 200m, 3 times
• Nominated to the 2018 Powerade All-Metro Banquet
Jamila Otieno, Junior (rising Snior)
• Won Region in discus throwing 126’8
• Won Sectional in discus throwing 134’10
• Runner-up at State throwing 125’9
Alex Dyck, Junior (rising Senior)
2017 & 2018 Region Champion in the 3200m run, setting a personal record of 10:25.41. He only ran 3 races this season because f an injured foot. Skipped his SAT prep course to qualify for the race. It fared very well for him.
Daniel Reis, Sophomore (rising Junior)
Although plaqued with sickness at the worse possible times, he was our Region Runner-up in the 1600m & 3200m runs. His PR of 4:44.39 in the 1600m run will put him in a good position next year.
Others to look out for next year
Rising Junior & 1st time runner, Ausahan Thomas. He first 800m run was 2:23.85 and his last 800m run placed him 4th at Region with a time of 2:05.40. His first 400m dash was 1:02.18 and his last 400m dash was 52.92 which earned him a spot on the 4 x 400m relay “A” team.
Rising junior, Oluwadamilola “Dami” Shodeinde won 100m & 300m hurdles at JV County. She was 8th in long jump at Region Championships and 7th at Sectionals, which allowed her to qualify for State.